Integrated Versioning / Version Restore?

Any plans to add integrated version info / restoration support?

More a nice to have but the idea would be same as google drive web right click / restore previous versions

Insync -> Restore Previous Versions:
20/5/2015 9pm - 25kb
19/5/2015 10pm - 30kb

Appreciate this would involve storing a heap of extra meta data about files but I assume it wouldn’t be too much being just text

@publow Yes, we do have :slight_smile: It is on our pipeline but I can’t give you an ETA for it’s availability.

Thank you.

If I may revive this one, I’d like to add that full support of this feature isn’t necessary for it to be useful. One thing I discovered is that while I’m working on some file in my synced directory (in my case, it’s a LaTex source file for a paper I’m working on, but that shouldn’t restrict the use-case), I tend to make many little amendments in the course of a few hours.

It would be terrific if I could right-click the file and ask Insync to let Google Drive know I want the current version of the file to be kept forever (or, at least, until I’m sure I like the changes I’ve made), because I tend to blow through the 100-versions-Drive-limit and lose valuable previous versions. Any restoration I need to make would be much much rarer, so I can certainly make-do with logging into Drive to do that manually.

Even better, if it would happen automatically for files I haven’t changed in, say, 12-24 hours, and now make 30 new versions in the course of a few hours. Whenever that happens, I’d love for Insync to automatically tag the version I had when the morning started as keep-forever. Let me know if I ever reach the 200-kept-versions limit, or just cycle old versions when we get there; I’m pretty sure that after 200 days working on it, most files will already reach their completed version.

I think your scenario requires a change of workflow.

To avoid too many writes I turn off insync when I’m doing work,
then turn it back on at the end of my work session.

Alternatively a simple extra feature could be specifying the time between synchronizing changes.
i.e. realtime,5,10,15,30,60,120 minutes between sync option

You’re right, that change would handle my scenario. However, it’s a difference of degree, not kind, from the simple solution of not using sync at all, but rather uploading everything I want kept to the cloud manually.

The whole point of Insync, for me, is that I don’t need to think about it. My files are my files whether I’m at work, at home, or on my phone, and I can even get to them from Drive if I log from somebody else’s machine.

We are now working on this feature. :smile:

Happy New Year!

This last message was posted two years ago, is this feature available now?