Nautilus integration broken on Fedora 28

Hi. Updated recently to Fedora 28. Insync seems to be working just fine as far as file synchronization goes, but Nautilus integration seems to be broken. The overlay icons simply don’t appear at all.

If I run “nautilus -q && nautilus ~/” on the terminal, this is what I get:

nautilus -q && nautilus ~/
Initializing nautilus-image-converter extension
_ImportError: could not import gobject (error was: 'No module named gi.gobject’)

(nautilus:5395): Nautilus-Python-WARNING **: 18:28:12.314: pygobject initialization failed

(nautilus:5395): Nautilus-Python-WARNING **: 18:28:12.314: nautilus_python_init_python failed

I realized that python2-gobject was not installed (dependency error?), so I decided to install it. Now the error I see when I start Nautilus on the terminal is:

nautilus -q && nautilus ~/
Initializing nautilus-image-converter extension
sys:1: PyGIWarning: Nautilus was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version(‘Nautilus’, ‘3.0’) before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
<IntrospectionModule ‘Nautilus’ from ‘/usr/lib64/girepository-1.0/Nautilus-3.0.typelib’>
Insync Nautilus Plugin
<class ‘insync_plugin.InsyncExtension’>
(’[init insync plugin]’, <insync_plugin.InsyncExtension object at 0x7f43ec0928c0 (uninitialized at 0x(nil))>)

Any hints on what is wrong?

Regards,

André

Never mind, it does seem that installing python2-gobject fixed the problem, I just needed to log out and then back in.

I guess the only problem is updating insync-nautilus dependencies to include python2-gobject. And, while you are at it, please make sure you update the package’s versions (“insync-nautilus” still points to Fedora 17 (!!), while “insync” still points to Fedora 25:unamused: this gives out a bad feeling that theses versions are old and outdated)

insync-nautilus-1.3.12.36116-fc17.noarch
insync-1.4.7.37098-fc25.x86_64

2 Likes

@Costa

Thanks for the update. :slight_smile: We’ll make sure to update the packages accordingly. Appreciate the feedback!

I have the latest InSync 1.4.7 under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and Nautilus 3.14.3 says newer things are not synced when they are. See WJP-2018 in Documents Insync 2018-06-05 18-01-37

Yes, it happens with me sometimes as well, haven’t understood yet what triggers this. I just got used to refreshing manually when that happens, but I totally agree this undermines the confidence on the tool.