New Insync version: 3.0.19

I’ve looked into this and it appears that there was a post (here: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/2853764-linux-headless-and-cli-community-support) saying that there will no longer be CLI support. Of course, no one frequents the Insync forums for fun on a Friday night, so everyone is likely to figure this out after a failure of their existing workflow forces them to look for answers. Come on Insync there should have been an email to everyone letting them know that if they upgrade to 3.0 they will lose CLI functionality. I think that Insync 3 should have been released as a different program rather than making it seem like an upgrade of Insync 1.5.7. Poor planning and rushing into this upgrade is causing a lot of pain for a lot of users, and Insync didn’t have the guts to just say what was going to happen in an explicit way. Shame on you all, and especially management.

As stated above, to reduce pain to others, I suggest this version is marked beta. It hurts, I know, I like your job and have been using insync for years. But this is really bad release and the more people try to use it, the more damage it will do to its name.

1 Like

Same problem on Ubuntu 18.04. And the Activity section is “under construction”. How does an entire section go from fully working to non-existent in a full development release? Insync should have advertised as alpha.

Insync, you are damaging your reputation by releasing software which looks like final but is actually alpha/beta and by not responding to these reports – these are from paying customers after all!

What is the resolution and when is the fix expected by? You want your customers to rely on your software so they need to be able to rely on you.

Just installed 3.0.19 on Lubuntu 18.04. The Nautilus add-in gives the following warning:

phn@HP-laptop:~$ sys:1: PyGIWarning: Nautilus was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version(‘Nautilus’, ‘3.0’) before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
<IntrospectionModule ‘Nautilus’ from ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/girepository-1.0/Nautilus-3.0.typelib’>
Insync Nautilus Plugin
<class ‘insync_plugin.InsyncExtension’>
(’[init insync plugin]’, <insync_plugin.InsyncExtension object at 0x7ff3dc173a00 (uninitialized at 0x(nil))>)

The add-in still works, apparently.

On Mint Linux 18.3: “Unexpected error doing ModifyCloudReg: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file”

I think Insync deserves credit for building something without a monthly fee and addressing OneDrive support for Linux. However, I can live without v3 until some of the kinks get hammered out (I will eventually need OneDrive support). Probably should have been marked Beta.

FYI, that error does not show up on Win10.

This version has serious problems.
Sync not working correctly. I have installed this version to 4 devices (2 Physical Windows, 1 Physical Linux, 1 VM Windows).

From every device when I add file or folder goes to Google Drive and I can see it on web. But these changes are not sync to the other devices.

After that when I copy these files manually to the other devices these changes sync to Google Drive on web like file (1) file (2) (Multiple edition of some files/folders)

How can I refresh all Data from Google Drive as source (Google drive to be the master and the other devices must sync according the web of Google Drive)?
It is to painful to upload all from beginning because is about 50GB with 90.000 Files and 15.000 Folders

Thank you

Hey, you should be able to change the base folder location via the Cloud Selective Sync mode. Check this out: https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/2987441-your-insync-base-folder

Hi everyone,

It hasn’t been the smoothest launch (obviously :sweat:) but we’re aware of the issues, we’re in investigating and addressing bugs in updates. 3.0.20 is the latest one.

We are seeing similar bug reports from incoming emails and have lined up bug fixes from feedback. I apologize that we haven’t been communicating well in the forums

– If you haven’t already please email support@insynchq.com if the latest version doesn’t solve your issue.

Thank you! That worked! I think those selective sync buttons are the only buttons I did not press when looking for the setting.

Edit: Sorry, have to revert my statement. I found the option but it does not accept my value. If you re-open the setting it immediately is witched back to the default.

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Roudenis, sorry we lacked communication about the activity feed. We’ve had to rebuild it along with our new sync engine “Core 3”. We’re working on it now.

I think is ok. Troubleshooting like below.

I close the application from each device.
I remove folder with all configuration. (Linux : ~/.config/Insync & Win : %appdata%/insync) After reinstall the application again. Set Google account again.
And start to sync all from scratch.

I use custom path for folder. I set up my old folder with data. Because now in new version it change with “insync” on path before the account
/home/karanik/my_email@gmail.com/ change to /home/karanik/**insync/**my_email@gmail.com/

Time will tell.

I’m just happy with anyone developing for Linux and expanding their cloud offerings, but, yeah, some things could be fixed, marked beta, etc. Looking forward, Amazon Drive anyone?!?! Mega.nz?

On Mint Linux 18.3: “Unexpected error doing ModifyCloudReg: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file"

Any movement on this issue. Another support person suggested I send you my log file, which for privacy reasons, I’m just not that into as it includes file names for personal stuff. Seems like I’m not the only one with this issue and removing my OneDrive account doesn’t fix it. I’ve never experienced this issue until this version and at this point would probably go back to the previous version until some stuff gets hammered out. Like I said earlier, this doesn’t seem like an emergency, but that red-circled “x” does get a little annoying.

Some snippets from the 4240 lines related to this issue are:

DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=384)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=384)
DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=416)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=416)
DEBUG:root:DROP ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=416) – File metadata didn’t change
DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=339)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=339)
DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=874)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=874)
DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=367)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=367)
DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=184)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=184)
DEBUG:root:DROP ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=184) – File metadata didn’t change
DEBUG:root:RUN ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=235)
DEBUG:root:RUN ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=235)
DEBUG:root:DROP ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=235) – File metadata didn’t change
DEBUG:root:INIT ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=155)
DEBUG:root:COMPLETE AddCloudGDItem(parent_id=-1, name=‘Easy Homemade Puff Pastry Recipe - Baking A Moment.pdf’)
DEBUG:root:INIT ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=739)
DEBUG:root:INIT ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=739)
DEBUG:root:COMPLETE AddCloudGDItem(parent_id=-1, name=‘ebay listing 001.png’)
DEBUG:root:INIT ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=983)
DEBUG:root:INIT ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=983)
DEBUG:root:COMPLETE AddCloudGDItem(parent_id=-1, name=‘ebay listing 003.png’)
DEBUG:root:INIT ChangeSyncedReg(synced_id=360)
DEBUG:root:INIT ModifyCloudReg(synced_id=360)

Reverted to 1.5.7 which eliminated “Unexpected error doing ModifyCloudReg: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file" issue. Sorry guys, but I have some other stuff going on and will stick with the previous version for now and circle back to the upgrade when I get some free time again.

Update: And now the error’s back thanks to a Linux update that included Insync 3.0. (>_<)

1 Like

FYI: For Mint Linux users, if you want to stay with version 1.5.7 for now, make sure to modify your Update Manager so that it ignores Insync, otherwise it will automatically update you to 3.0. You can do this by opening Update Manager then clicking on Edit>Preferences>Blacklist then click on the plus button (+) and type “Insync” & it should stop automatic updates to 3.0. Just remember to circle back in a month and remove that entry when the current issues will be ironed out (hopefully) and you will resume getting updates.

I would like this too. I Installed a new machine and decided to use the new Insync 3… but I’m missing the Dolphin functionality

(Running Kubuntu 19.10)

This is very helpful and informative post and it will help me to fix my error of language in Microsoft word. Actually I was working on a writing project of my class but whenever I start got a project work from college there is always a confusion in mind about which topic I should choose? I want to make my project presentation very informative and up to date. Then I come to know about topicsmill.com where I could find informative topics to write about my project presentation. I really find this website useful. I will suggest you also to try for the better help.

Hey Guys,

I know see the Dolphin Insync Package, however…on my new Laptop which I’ve installed Insync 3.1.5 and insync-dolphin 3.0.22.40446 and I see that when I right-click a file in Dolphin and select ‘Insync’ its missing the following:

• Copy Public Link
  • Copy Domain Link
  • Copy Private Link
  • Remove from Insync
  • Force Sync

This exists on my other machine running
insync 1.5.7.37371
insync-dolphin 1.3.12.36116

Whats going on with this feature removal?

Hi!

Thank you for the feedback. The Share function is available when you right-click a file and have the Dolphin integration. A pop-up will appear to allow you to share/copy the link. Can you see Share and View on web on your file manager?