New Insync version: 3.0.23

Release notes:

• Add a feed that displays activities detected by the app
  • Improve handling of errors due to insufficient permissions on Drive items
  • Add Alternative Login to Support Center as a possible workaround for account setup issues
  • Support for more cases when changing base folders: to a non-empty directory, to a different partition, to drive root
  • Fix Google Docs being converted with “.fodt” extension instead of “.odt” in some machines
  • Windows: Fix context menu actions not working
  • Allow multiple browser logins to work instead of just the last one
  • Make changing of Base Folder location more visible
  • Move Ignore rule messages from Attention Required to Activity Feed
  • Fix attention required items sometimes not being removed
  • Update confirmation prompts when unsyncing
  • Linux: Add Thunar file manager integration
  • Fix custom-synced folders losing its custom status when clicked directly in Cloud Selective Sync

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) & (18.04 Bionic)
Linux Mint (18.x) & (19.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

2 Likes

By any chance doe this version for Windows support symlinks now? That’s th single thing keeping me from moving to 3.X.

1 Like

How can I activate the Thunar file manager integration? After update to this version no integration is active??!!

sudo apt update
sudo apt install insync-thunar

This did it for me…

Provided you have the right repos set, but if you have insync you probably have

Should be more automatic, but hey…
We Linux folks always have an extra hoop to jump through…

For me does not work … insync-thunar is not in repository … so still same problem … no Thunar plugin available!!!

Still seeing the below errors every time I use Insync with a OneDrive account. Has the cause of this been identified?

The client seems to go into an infinite loop, trying to sync the same 12 files over and over again but they fail continuously as below.

1 Like

After upgrade i have this

$ insync
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyiboot01_bootstrap.py", line 149, in __init__
  File "ctypes/__init__.py", line 356, in __init__
OSError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_date_copy

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "insync.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 627, in exec_module
  File "idesklinux/fsimpl.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 627, in exec_module
  File "idesklinux/fswatcher.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "idesklinux/inotify_manager.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "idesklinux/util.py", line 66, in <module>
  File "site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyiboot01_bootstrap.py", line 151, in __init__
__main__.PyInstallerImportError: Failed to load dynlib/dll 'libc.so.6'. Most probably this dynlib/dll was not found when the application was frozen.

System: Kernel: 4.19.0-5-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 Distro: MX-18.3_x64 Continuum May 26 2019

In Windows still: “no permissions to remove …” for shared file created by another user. But I can delete this file in google drive web interface.

insync-thunar_3.0.23.40579_all.deb is not possible to install on Linux Mint 19.2 XFCE, because of the following error: Dependency is not sitisfiable: thunarx-python !!! Same situation on Ubuntu 18.04 … no thunarx-python is available!!!

Please fix it ASAP!!!

Again, this new version of Insync cannot automatically synchronize. I have to do it manually. I’m going back to version 1.5.7. What a waste of time to synchronize 300GB. Will the engineering team fix this problem or ignore our problem?
Anybody else has the same problem as me?

With a upcoming release of Fedora 31, is it possible to add packages into the repo? I see pre-build packages are already available for F31, but repo does not have a valid tag.

No news about insync-headless support? :slightly_frowning_face:

I am on Deepin (Debian 9 based), and the app wont even launch, the previous version 3.0.20, was crashing without any popus

I am reverting back to 1.5

Insync guys just send me an email:

========================================================

Hello Michal,
This issue has been logged with our engineer for a fix. I will let you know, as well as other affected users, once the solution has been deployed.
Thank you!

Mia\ 32x32 Mia from Insync

========================================================

This is unbelievable response, because recent Ubuntu based LTS distros with XFCE desktop are all affected by this problem. In practice this means, that Insync developers does not test insync-thunar plugin on most frequently used Linux distributions??!!! Nice implementation of QA, guys, really!!!

Version 3 is such an epic FAIL, at least on Linux.

It’s hard to believe something that worked really well in version 1.5.7 can be so borked now.

I’d suggest a serious rethink and roll-back.

After all, I bet it’s Linux and OS X users who make the most money for Insync, seeing as Google has a free, half-decent, client for Windows.

Come on guys, you can do better!

1 Like

Hi, I just updated to version 3.0.23.40579 and the app never authenticates when I sign in to Google Drive via browser. Any help I can get would be much appreciated as I have sworn by this app for a long time now.

I just updated to version 3.0.23.40579 on ubuntu 19.04. Nice to see the feed starting to work. I’m having the following issue. Some files are not syncing and they appear in the Attention Required section all with the same error; no permission to remove file. I do see them there on Google Drive. These are not files I’m trying to delete. There are many files with this error but its only occurring within a few folders. The parent folders are shared from a G suite business account and I am dropping in lots of files from a personal account. I’d be happy to provide more info and logs.

I’ve seen this reported here before. It seems it didn’t help. I’ve now given up on 3.0.x altogether. Maybe 3.1 will be better. Happily using 1.5.7