• Display license update notification only when there are really changes
  • Display ‘Open Location’ hover menu item on partially synced folder
  • Add share dialog support for GD Shared Drives and files therein
  • Add functionality to report errors shown in the ‘Attention Required’ feed

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) & (18.04 Bionic)
Linux Mint (18.x) & (19.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

3 Likes

Windows: cant choose custom folder as base, so useless…!!

Can you be more specific? I’m running 3.0.25 on windows 10 and can change base folder. It’s possible the option has been moved since other versions. Click on your account, then the gear next to “My Drive”, then Change and select your new base folder.

insync%20change%20base%20windows%2010

1 Like

Still no Thunar support !!! Well, this is really bizarre …

1 Like

Given the gambit of issues affecting v3, I suggest insync team create a standardized template for reporting issues on this forum. There are dozens of posts that include limited or no supporting information. You guys need to identify the information you need to help find the root cause. You should be looking at commonalities between hardware, software, OS, file system, use case, driver versions, installed runtimes, when the issue first appeared, etc or whatever else you need. Create a template and request everyone posting issues provide whatever information you need or might need in their post to aid in your detective work. This also helps other users see potential connections.

You should also be reporting back whatever findings and or actions are taking place behind the scenes. So many threads end with ‘logs sent’ and then no follow up is provided.

These are standard support practices followed by many software providers. The fact that I have to suggest this is a little disconcerting.

2 Likes

Hi @kyle,

Thank you so much for this feedback. Rest assured that we are working to streamline our support processes to be able to provide our users with the assistance they need. :slight_smile:

Kyle has good points. @mia says “rest assured,” but gives no evidence that it means anything. Insync isn’t serious about helping, or having a good bug reporting system. Only smiley faces and condescension disguised as “appreciation” and “happiness.”

Hi Mia, I have no doubt the insync team is working as hard as they can. The effort is much appreciated. When I read your response above, the first thing that comes to mind is you’re building up the knowledgebase and maybe implementing a ticket system. Both of those are certainly great support tools for end users, more so with a fully functional software. However, my comment was less about helping your users solve issues and more about helping the insync team solve issues.

I want v3 issues to be fixed ASAP, as I’m sure we all do. I understand that takes time. I think a lot of insync team time and energy is being wasted reading & replying to multiple threads with the same issue, waiting for logs/database to be sent, playing 20 questions, waiting on responses for more information, reassuring customers that you’re working on it, etc. I suspect this carries over to time then wasted in chasing down systems affected, identifying root causes, and implementing and testing solutions.

Help yourselves help your customers. I suggest you figure out the information you need to resolve these issues as fast as possible and create a systematic approach to gathering that information and reporting your activity, in a way that provides transparency to your customers. Enabling the collective pool of customers to provide a free second set of eyes on issues may turn out very helpful. More importantly, transparency provides tangible reassurance to your customers that you’re working hard to resolve issues, which goes a long way in maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty.

I’ll step off my soap box now. As a long time user with many paid accounts, I want v3 working perfectly as much as you do.

3 Likes

Is auto-update from 3.0.25 to 3.0.27 broken?

22-days in an I have the same issue as reported in post Issue updating from 3.0.25 to 3.0.27.

After a couple days I opened the UI and saw it was still 3.0.25. I did see a notice at the bottom of the insync window that an update to 3.0.27 was available. I then waited another day for it to do so automatically but it did not. So I manually clicked update, it closed insync like it was doing something but then when I restarted it the notice was gone and the version shown at the top of the insync window was still 3.0.25. I’m assuming I can manually download and install 3.0.27, I just haven’t done so.

1 Like

Can someone please tell me which is the last stable version of Insync. Should I go back to 1.5.7 to get everything for google drive working?

1.5.7 is the last old style one. Works a treat if you can’t make the 3.x series to work for you. That’s what I have done.

1 Like

trying do download insync-3.0.27.40677-fc27.x86_64.rpm from http://yum.insync.io/fedora/27/ but yum.insync.io is VERY SLOW…!! is there a faster repository for rpm based linux…??