New Insync version: 3.7.7

Release notes:

• Mac: Properly list NTFS devices on Monterey
  • Dropbox: fix issue wherein cloud changes are occasionally missed for user accounts that share space with other members of their team.

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) , (18.04 Bionic) , (20.04 Focal) & (22.04 Jammy)
Linux Mint (18.x) , (19.x) & (20.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) , (30) & (36)

Hello, i spotted a bug over this version, i’m sorry i cannot provide the log file, as i had deleted it due to find out the workaround of this bug, and after i installed v3.7.1 everything is fine, so i couldn’t provide the log file from out.txt

things that i could traced back from my google search are this things

1. failed to load module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
  2. failed to load driver: swrast
  3. QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set

things that i was done is uninstalling insync from desktop because i got some problem with my own desktop, then i installed it again and afterward i got error message if the folder is empty, then i uninstalled it again along with deleting folder related to insync, afterward i installed it again, and then voila it can’t be loaded and i got those error from log out.txt

i’m running on my Linux [(redacted hostname)] 5.10.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.106-1 (2022-03-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

pardon me if i couldn’t reproduce the error at the moment, because i really need it right now, probably another guy in here could help to reproduce the error, i even not dare enough to upgrade the app to latest version at this moment.

After updating to this version the option of syncing deletions to the cloud was activated instead of unsync. Since I am on a dualboot system this leads to deletions of files I add with the windows native client when starting linux again. The update changed that option. I don’t think, this is an expected behavior.

EDIT: Why don’t you add an option here, that the files are just redownloaded. I think this would be better then unsyncing.

Hi @gernophil,

Could you send the following to support@insynchq.com:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

Please do include the link to this Forums post for reference.

Hi @31fahmi!

Thanks for the report and my apologies for the trouble. Let me check this out with our team.

sure @miamoran, thank for your responses towards this problems, as what i remember, this guy had similar problem that i had with, before i downgraded to 3.7.1 version:

1 Like

Hey @mia,

I sent you an OneDrive link to my files, cause they are to big to send by mail :).

1 Like

Hey @gernophil!

I don’t think I got this email after I checked the inboxes. :frowning: Were you able to include a link to this forums post? That’s ideally our easiest point of reference.

Hey @mia,
I sent it with my @outlook.de address. Anyway, I sent you a PM here with the link :).

1 Like

Got the link via PM here - thank you @gernophil!! :slight_smile:

It seems like it stopped to happen :). Did you find any reason, why this could have happened?

Hi @gernophil,

We have not yet gotten to the root of the issue as to why the settings were changed after the update, but I will circle back to you once I have more information from our team!