No version for Ubuntu 21.10? (FIXED)

Hi @Nicolas_Abel_Carbone :slight_smile: Many thanks for letting me know that the workaround was not effective for your setup.

Let me send this to our Linux team and will advise you from there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

While we wait for the fix, a workaround is to choose x.org session at login (instead of Wayland).

On my system current Inscync version runs just fine under x.org (but then you loose the new 3 fingers gesture to navigate in the new GNOME 40 shell, which just work under Wayland).

If someone finds a good workaround for Wayland, please let us know.

1 Like

Another info: Under x.org, syncing is working, but the settings window is all grey.

Finally, here’s the workaround (temporary fix) to start it under Wayland. It should work with this command:

env GDK_BACKEND=x11 insync start

Sync is working but as already reported, the settings window is all grey.

2 Likes

it’s strange, this solution doesn’t work for me. In Fedora 34 & openSUSE Tumbleweed insync works fine under wayland.

Hi @yasniel! Which workaround-- this one here or the one recently shared by user mlaverdiere?

Hi @mlaverdiere! By all grey – did you mean that the whole Insync app UI is a blank screen?

:frowning:

Hmm I see. And what I understand is that you’ve also tried the env GDK_BACKEND=x11 insync start command correct?

Hello All,
I can confirm i just put up Beta of 21.10 and no go… Ive tried both options and nothing is working…
Thank You

1 Like

Hi @mia: Yes, the app UI is a blank (grey) screen, but the icon on the top bar is showing and sync is working.

Again, on Ubuntu 21.10 beta (regular version with GNOME, under Wayland), here’s the command I use as a workaround:

env GDK_BACKEND=x11 insync start

1 Like

yes exactly it’s a Ubuntu 21.10 fresh install

The QTWebEngine within Insync needs to be updated. There was a commit by the Qt team months ago that fixed this.

1 Like

Here is the fix: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwebengine-chromium/+/374205

A new bugfix to glibc has been pushed to impish by the Ubuntu team. However, this is just so developers have time (until 22.04) to upgrade their bundled QTWebEngine distributions.

1 Like

Let me send this info to our engineers, @Mike_Adams. :slight_smile: Many thanks for the redirect!

@yasniel I’ll confirm the ETA of our 21.10 installers so we can share it here for you guys to check out.

@mia sure, thanks.

1 Like

Problem solved to me today!!!

No more error from repo unassigned and insync starting normally on gnome 40.4.0 on Ubuntu 21.10!

deb http://apt.insync.io/ubuntu impish non-free contrib

\o/

Hi all! My apologies for the wait, and thank you for your patience!

Further confirming @thiagoalcav’s comment too-- our engineer has updated our Linux repositories and builds with the following additions:

• Ubuntu 21.10
  • Fedora 35
  • Debian Bookworm/sid/testing

Please update your packages and do let me know on this thread (or by emailing support@insynchq.com) if any issues persist!

1 Like