On-demand shared files syncing

What exactly is this feature? I can’t find and documentation on it and my trial ended when I tried Insync about a year ago.

On-demmand - is that a link of some sort where the file isn’t pulled down until requested? So for example, I have a folder and I sync it, but inside that folder I have a videos folder; can I set that videos folder to on-demmand so I can see what’s in it but then it only pulls down the large videos when I select one of them?

2 Likes

@Jeff_Malone Yes, it is correct. Google Drive is mounted in your file-explorer/finder and it will not be downloaded until requesed. :smile:

I will +1 you on this feature request.

2 Likes

This feature would be incredible! An iTunes Match, or iCloud Photo Library type system with options for thumbnails would make me very very happy.

iCloud Photo Library is getting close, but they don’t have the size capacities that some of my clients need. Even if they did, my clients wouldn’t adopt it being a closed file system.

Pair priority syncing and on demand syncing with our entire file structure visible in Finder with Quicklook support, or even another app and the heavens would hear me singing songs of insync!

Is this feature implemented yet? It appears to be advertised on the InSync homepage, but I can’t find it in the UI.

@John_Ashenden,

Not yet. But it is on our mid-priority list of development. I will +1 you on this.

Thank you.

Roald

For me this would be this would be a killer feature. Is this beeing worked on? It would make me really happy :slight_smile:

Any update about this feature?

No updates, but it’s a feature we’re looking at for 2.0 :slight_smile:

We’ve just opened Insync 1.4 for beta testing. You’ll be able to sync on-demand (calling it Now@) and sync Team Drives. Help us test here :+1: