OneDrive Support

+1
Would love to see insync integrate Onedrive. 1TB+Office makes Onedrive a really attractive option for many, I think.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Zenith_Gurgel and @monoprix! OneDrive integration is definitely something we’re looking into! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Gregory,

Every day I use Linux Mint 19 to do a significant amount of research and writing, but I rely on Windows 10 and MS Office to do the heavy word processing, like formatting and compiling large documents which must be readable and editable by a number of people. I also do a fair bit of research and writing on my iPad, which includes photographing and OCRing archival material, note-taking, and syncing to Onedrive. While Google Drive works fine, Onedrive is surprisingly well integrated in Windows 10, iOS, and MS Office. Adding Onedrive to Insync could make work seamless across devices.

I would also add that Onedrive’s pricing for the 1TB+MS Office on 5 devices is a major selling point for many people, including myself. I use Google Drive reluctantly, and only because your client for Linux makes using Google drive so much simpler than any alternative. But I’d much rather use your client for Onedrive in the future.

I hope this is useful.

1 Like

Always happy to help, @monoprix! If you don’t mind me asking, how will Insync fit into your workflow as a dual-booter? :slight_smile:

Woops. I replied just above and can’t seem to delete the post to reposition it here.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, @monoprix! We’ll definitely take note. :slight_smile: Cheers!

Happy to help. :slight_smile:

Just to add another voice to this feature request: I am considering to buy “GoodSync”, but after years of smooth Insync use, I would rather pay again the full Insync price.

Please let we know a date.

1 Like

Hey @Bruno_Pasquali,

We’ll definitely keep you in the loop! :slight_smile:

+1 for onedrive support.

2 Likes

Given the faux par currently underway by Dropbox right now, OneDrive might be suddenly of more interest in the Linux world - if only there was a tool like this for OneDrive! (so yeah, +1 for OneDrive!)

3 Likes

We hear you, @Josh_King and @falconapps! :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback!

A BIG +1 for support for OneDrive on Linux. I could really use this.

1 Like

Noted on this, @Peter_O! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dropbox seems to be purposefully dismissing the Linux community, so even if they were to change course back to doing the right thing, I wouldn’t trust them.

BTW: My interest is not in just getting “any” app that sync’s to OneDrive. I have used a multitude of others and none compare to Insync prime. It is far and away the best software for backing-up to a consumer level cloud service.

1 Like

Hey @Peter_O,

Thank you for the kind words! Rest assured, OneDrive support is in the pipeline of development. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, any public roadmap available? When can we expect onedrive support?

Hello all!

2 Likes

I have 1 TB of OneDrive space, so I really have to look at it potentially as a place for a full backup.