Proton Drive support

Considering that InSync is probably one of the few easy and reliable cloud synchronisation between clients supporting major services on Linux, and considering that we as Linux users are comprised with those kinds of people, It’s not unreasonable to imagine many Protonmail users on Linux will be/are flocking to their cloud storage platform from alternatives like Microsoft and Google.

12 Likes

Hi @aesa! :slight_smile: Thanks so much for raising this request. I’ve taken note of this and have forwarded it to our team. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything else!

I also would love to see Proton Drive as an option. Was going to make a thread for it, but found this, and thought I’d just reviver this one.

1 Like

@Akeyla Thank you so much for reviving this feature request thread!

I second this. Ive used insync for years, and am switching from google drive to proton, and would love to keep using insync, Especially since proton doesnt have a native app yet

1 Like

OMG, please provide support for ProtonDrive!!! I want to get off Google Drive so I can keep my data encrypted in the cloud. There are too many hacks!

2 Likes

This would truly be a game changer for many of us! Please implement!

I am an insync and proton drive customer. I would love proton Drive support for Linux.
rclone has this figured out, so you don’t need to reinvent it.

1 Like

Hello!

Just chiming in to plus-one the request, as a user of both Proton and Insync.

Particularly since Proton doesn’t have a Linux client nor a timeline for providing one, this would be a particularly compelling feature.

+1

Any news on this feature request from Insync? Will this be considered and if so, when will this be done?

+1
Proton Drive is very useful to my cybersecurity workflow. Please, we need this feature ASAP!

It appears that an official Linux client from Proton themselves is at least 2 years away. At the moment, it looks like rsync is the only Linux tool that has support for Proton Drive and it’s only a CLI. I use Insync for Google Drive and Dropbox, so it would be great to be able to add my Proton Drive account there as well to have the ability to sync on Linux.

1 Like

i’d +1 that, im in need of switching off dropbox and gdrive…

I too would like to encourage Insync to add support for Proton Drive for Linux.

There is a tool called Celeste that a university student has created that allegedly works with Proton, but it’s a bit clunky and open source. Maybe Insync could contact this young man and offer him a job! His software is available at:

Thanks for your consideration.

Mike

3 Likes

I agree! I had just asked Insync the same question!

I am eager to get away from Google/Microsoft/Dropship and their willingness to share everything with ‘the man’. Proton is based in Switzerland and does not share your info.

1 Like