Selective Sync - List contains deleted folders

My Selective Sync list shows folders that were previously synced but are now deleted on both my local drive and Google Drive.

When does the Selective Sync list refresh or how can I manually refresh it?

Thanks

@Manicmouse Sorry about the inconvenience this causes you. When using selective sync, Insync will only remove files syncs locally and not the files in your Google Drive.

We have to investigate this issue. Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file support@insynchq.com. Include the link of this forum post for faster reference.

Thank you. :smile:

I find that if I delete a folder locally, Insync will properly delete it on Google Drive. However, as Manicmouse found, such a folder remains in the Selective Sync list. Similarly, deleting a folder on through the Google Drive web client is properly handled by Insync but again the Selective Sync list is not updated. Curiously, if a new folder is add via Google Drive it does correctly get added to the Selective Sync list (but no change to the Selective Sync list if a new folder is added locally, although Insync does correct sync with Google Drive).

It appears there is missing hook to update the selective sync list upon creation/deletion of folders (and perhaps files as well – I haven’t checked that).

Quitting the Insync client and restarting appears to force a refresh of the metadata allowing for the correct set of folders to be shown in the Selective Sync list. Is there a way force a refresh of the Selective Sync list?

Cheers.

Can you share your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com. Please also include the link of this post. We have to investigate on your use-case.

Thank you.

Was a solution for this problem ever found? I am experiencing the very same thing. Old folders and files keep showing up in the Selective Sync list and that is pretty annoying.

@Wilfred_Waltman Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com
How to find the log files

Please include the link of this post. Thank you.