Stuck on syncing metadata

Hi, I have around 400K files to sync. Everything was going great, but with only around 70K to go, Insync is now stuck on syncing metadata. It’s been stuck for 2 days.

I didn’t do anything except make a new directory on Google Drive (thru the web interface). The new directory is empty and I deselected it so it shouldn’t sync on that machine.

Any ideas? I am extremely frustrated.

Thanks

Richard

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com. Please include the link of this post.

Thank you.

Hi, I have the same problem. my insync (installed on Debian Squeeze) also stuck on syncing Metadata. Its been few days and still no progress. I have restarted everyting but still cant get it works. I have the pro version.
How to solve this? please help. Where can i found the logs.db and out.txt?

thank you

Hi,

I have sent the logs.db and out.txt to support@insynchq.com.

thanks

@roald Hello I think I am experiencing similar problems. After modifying some sharing permissions in drive.google.com web interface to ‘Specific People’ insync is stuck on ‘syncing metadata’.

I have sent my logs.db and out.txt to the address you mentioned.

The system is installed on Windows7.

All the best,

Ivan

Hi everyone, I will tag our engineer @dipesh in this and see if he has any updates for you guys :smile:

Hi all,

If you are experiencing syncing metadata issue on occasions other than just after the starting or resuming Insync, kindly send to us the compressed copy of the dbs folder (present next to the logs.db file) along with the logs. Create the copy of the dbs folder while Insync is running and stuck.

Our findings so far have been as follows:

1. It happens upon the start if there are large number of files being sync’d locally - Insync gets busy scanning the local folder for changes on priority and transfers are deferred. This issue gets aggravated if the Insync folder is on a network drive or if Insync is paused & resumed or if Insync folder goes missing & is reinstated. We are working on improving this behaviour.

2. Sometimes, making changes to certain drive files/folders (and for some users, even browsing a file/folder online on Google Drive web) triggers a lot of metadata changes in the Google Drive feed. This makes Insync go to “Syncing metadata…” state. We haven’t been able to replicate it for any of our accounts but we have observed this on users’ machine during remote desktop support session and confirmed it through their Insync databases. This could be an issue at Google’s end as well. Our finding so far is that this is folder/file specific issue (i.e. it happens when changing/browsing certain files/folders in an account) but we haven’t been able to make any further progress on it.

3. In two reports, it has been reported that Insync is stuck and 1) & 2) do not apply. We are seeking further info from the users to see what exactly happened in their case.

Thanks

HI,

My Insync is now working again on my Debian Server. I think the problem will come again when I login to my Debian KDE desktop. Currently it runs using Insync headless.
I did not do anything except reboot my server and did not login to the KDE desktop. So it runs in the background

Awesome :slight_smile: If anything we could assist you with, just send us an email to support@insynchq.com

Having the same issue - stuck on syncing metdata too. This is on a server that I can not restart to see if that will fix the error. Is there a way to fix this without a reboot (if that will help)

Shane
I will email link to my db files too.

I have forwarded your email to our Windows engineer. :smile:

@dipesh How should I send my db zip files to you regarding this issue

@Dan_Rempel If the zip files are more than 25 MB in size, then upload it to google drive web and share it to support@insynchq.com

@dipesh I am expecting a similar issue on windows. Can you tell me where to find the db and logs file on windows?

I am having the same issue on two separate machines. Please advise what I should do to correct.

I have forwarded your logs to our engineer.

I am also encountering this. Please advise.

Thank you!

Note: Out.txt and logs.bd have been sent to support@insynchq.com

@Ariel_Landau Sent your logs.db and out.txt file to ur engineer. He’ll get in touch with you soon. Thank you for your patience.

I also seem to be having the same issue.
1.2.17 on Windows 10

edit: now working

@Nathan_B What did you do? Does it just work after few reboots?