Support for the Google "Team Drives"

Well that was a new one… I was still on Pro (due to the total confusion in Prime upgrades - felt like a rip-off with multiple accounts and recently paid yearly fee) and now had an upcoming annual payment. I wanted to know if I should stay on Pro and get some benefits in the transition to Teams, or cancel. You seem to have helped me just now. In the email warning about upcoming payment there was a link called “If you don’t wish to renew…”. I guessed that it would go to a settings website, but when clicking I got the message “Success - Your subscription was successfully cancelled” when I clicked it. - Thrown out!?

So - now it seems I’m not a customer anymore. Let’s see how you will offer Teams for me as a new customer then…

As many have pointed out, your product performs well (except for keeping up with the google Teams transition), but your payment plans and changes in them are not satisfactory. You will loose out when someone comes along that does not try to cash in at our expense everytime there is a change in the service.

1 Like

With all the centralized permissions and file structure, our company has already started moving departments to Team Drive. I do realize it’s a slippery slope to provide release dates, but if Team Drive support is not likely to be released in the next couple weeks, we’ll be pushing our IT team to move some of the teams/departments back to the old structure. Do you have any updates on how close the Team Drive support is?

2 Likes

We are adding more than Team Drive support so testing takes a bit longer. We don’t share specific release dates but it’s in the works and coming soon.

So, I’ve been a quiet user for long while. Started as a plus user with 3 licenses and I just bought 4 prime licenses (~$100) today as we’re moving my startup over to GDrive and I like insync more than the native google client.

I’ve read through this thread and I have a couple questions:

1. Obviously, team drives is now immensely important and it seems you guys have been working on it for a few months now. What is your deadline for 1.4 release with teams built in? Feel free to email me if this is something you and your team would not like publicly released (colter@32waves.com).

2. Am I to gather, that in addition to the license cost I’ve already paid, that I’m going to have to spend more money to get team drives to work? If so, I may be a bit grumpy… It would seem that insync is targeted for business use, not for the average drive home user. In that regard, it would seem logical that having team functionality a part of your base subscription model would be inherent. Just my 2 cents.

Other than that, you guys look to be working hard and have a fantastic product. Thanks for all your hard work.

-Colt

1 Like

Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

1. We don’t announce deadlines publicly or privately outside of the company (for obvious reasons) but it really is coming. We should have a forums release within 2 weeks or so. Check back on the forums for the announcement.
  2. Yes, Team Drive sync support is available under a new unpublished Teams plan which will release as part of Insync 1.4. You only have to pay the difference between Prime and Teams pricing, one-time to get access.

:metal:

1 Like

I’ve been reading through this and it’s quite confusing with the new plans rolled out all the time.
As a Pro user who did not need to upgrade to Prime (not sure now what that was going to give me as benefits, as yet again communication is very confusing) and with currently 2 out of 3 Google accounts registred, what are my options to get TeamDrive support for at least one of them and how much will it cost me now?

2 Likes

It has been a long wait…

Any news on this? I am keen for Team Drive syncing too?

1 Like

any words abouts the syn now release date?

1 Like

We are releasing a forums version in the coming weeks for early testers.

I like how it’s always “in the coming weeks” but of course - quality is important to ensure.
However I’d love more information about the price plan changes and how it Actually affects those who are on e.g Pro plan and not on Prime.

This is regarding a question I asked a few weeks ago

1 Like

Very disappointing conversation with google today: (Talking about syncing team drives) “As of today, we do not have yet any update when it will be released.” Full conversation here: https://pastebin.com/bNGLcBZ4

I’m not sure what that support engineer was talking about to be honest - Google Drive File Stream definitely does include the ability to work with your team drives: I think he must have been talking about Team Drives with the “normal” Google Drive Backup and Sync client.

Drive File Stream works by creating a virtual drive (G: by default in Windows) and under there are 2 folders: One for your Drive and one for Team Drives. You can right click on any drive / folder / file and make it available offline which then syncs it to your machine

We’ve been using it since the early access program and once you get used to it it is a far more flexible and powerful way to work with your drive / team drives.

Hopefully Insync will add support for team drives soon as it would be good to get the auto-conversion of documents, etc, but in the meantime I’m quite happy with Drive File Stream!

1 Like

I can confirm what Phil_A says.

We have been also used Google File Stream since Early Adopters program.

Hoping InSync to support File Stream soon.

1 Like

November is coming… it’s been 268 days (in this Forum) waiting for Insync’s Team Drives support…

+1 . We are really waiting for this new feature :wink:

1 Like

+1. Same here. We are also waiting for it.

1 Like

Hi!
Can I be an early tester?

1 Like

This is a huge deal and needs to be done! Can’t wait to hear and see if it is in the next roll out. We desperately need it for our business

1 Like

+1 for this :slight_smile: But also worried if I, as a Plus member, will get access to it? I’m very confused about the whole procing thing.

1 Like