Synchronizing content manually and then getting duplicates

Hey,
I know that this question has been asked her couple times before but non of the answers helped me solve the issue.

####The situation is this:
I have a Documents directory (drwx------ 7 tony tony 4.0K Jul 13 09:24 Documents) where I have around 55 GB of data. I decided not to sync two of the subdirectories (movies and music). I added them to the ignore list of insync. But now I still have ~30 GB of data that I need to sync.

I deleted everything form my gdrive and ran insync - it ended up finding ~ 200 000 files. After a while I decided to go through my files manually archive (tar.gz) some of the file-heavy subfolders. So quit insync, do the archiving and cleanup and then I manually uploaded almost all of the files to my google drive (using their web interface).

Then I ran insync again expecting it to find just a few files that I might have missed somewhere and to do the sync. However it found ~ 100 000 files (most likely all the files - because I reduced the amount by archiving) and started syncing those while creating duplicate directories [dir_name] (2) all over my (local) Documents directory.

All of my directories (excluding the ignored once) are selected in the Selective sync on the insync settings page.

Any idea how to solve this? Is there a more reliable/better way to sync this amount of data (which wouldn’t take months to proceed)?

Thank you.

@Tony_Vlcek: Apologies for the trouble. Please send a copy of the folder ~/.config/Insync to support@insynchq.com for investigation. You can compress it before sending to save space. Thanks.

Sure thing. Thank you :slight_smile:

You might want to try this method I just posted.

https://forums.insynchq.com/t/unofficial-how-to-resync-existing-files-folders-without-duplicates