Syncing stops working

Migrated from 1.5 to 3 with rough start. Cleared .config/Insync to try to sort things out. Hmm, so-so.
Select Sync folders have the partial yellow mark but all files are green. Touching a file inside those folders doesn’t propagate the changes, but stopping and restarting sync on Insync UI forces the app to sync. Same behaviour if quitting-restarting.
Using 3.0.24.40618 under Fedora 30 KDE.

Hi there, I apologize for this. We’re currently in the process of investigating stuck syncing issues as there area good number of users encountering this.

Are you syncing one account only or several accounts simultaneously?

In any case, please send in your logs along with the link to this post to support@insynchq.com, this will be helpful in helping us get to the bottom of these issues. Thanks!
https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

1 Like

I also had this problem.

Can you send in your logs similar to the steps above?

I stopped using Insync until, at least, the company gets its act together.

I confirm issue still present on latest version, 3.0.24.40626. The problem seems to be realted to SelectSync folders. I need to pause syncing and resume it after a few seconds. Then, Insync finds folder changes and commit them.
Using Fedora 30.

Thank you for this report. We’re still investigating stuck syncing issues and we will need your logs to help us get to the bottom of this. Can you send in your logs along with the link to this post to support@insynchq.com

We need to gather as much various use cases so we can get to the bottom of resolving these stuck syncing issues. We weren’t able yet to make an improvement regarding syncing in 3.0.24 but we have some in 3.0.25 due for release this week.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue with most recent .deb package under arch linux. Happy to provide my log files. Let me know where you would like to receive them.

Also experiencing the same thing… it syncs a few files and then just stops.

I’ve had ongoing issues with massive memory use and stuck synching, so hadn’t used Insync in a few weeks. Trying today and nothing works. I try a new local sync of a test folder to Google Drive, and nothing happens. I try to close the program and no response, and it just sits there for minutes at a time, although some of the controls in the Insync window “work”. Meaning you can press them and things change, but no progress on any file synching.

At least the extreme memory use seems to have been fixed in recent versions. It’s now sitting at 1G of use while doing nothing. Previously it would spike to 14-16G on a 32G machine.

I could provide more log files, but I’ve already done that twice. Using Xubuntu 19.10.

It’s been about two months since I paid for Insync and have gotten little or no useful function out of it. I’m forced to do manual backups to Drive while waiting for a version that works at all.

Hi @wiltja619,

Do you mind sending your latest logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Please include the following files in the folder:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

If these are too big for an attachment, feel free to send us a link so we can download these.

It’s been a month or so with my insync not working. I thought it would be a question of an upgrade, but it does not seem to be fixed. It is totally unoperative by now.

Hi @Jose_Angel_Madrid,

Do you mind walking me through the issue in detail? Are new files/edits not syncing at all even with 3.1.0?

It just doesn’t start
I think the error message is Segmentation Fault

I’m seeing the same problem, and looking at the log file, it seems to be erroring on working with curl and python. Perhaps a python version mismatch. Kubuntu 19.10. Sending logs to support.

btw: Python 2.7.17

1 Like

Today I updated to 3.1.5 and the sync is working from drive to PC, but not from PC to drive. I tried to quit and relaunch, pause and resume, but nothing change.

Hi! Can you let me know if the PC folder is similar to the Base Folder location when you click the gear icon beside My Drive on the app?

Furthermore, please send your logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. I did receive something similar and will investigate further.

Not really, the folder on the PC is on a HD different from the base folder. I forgot to write that I’m using Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Same problem here on Ubuntu 18.04.
InSync doesn’t sync local folders/files to GOogle Drive anymore…

Hi @Gabriele_Tibaldi,

Just wanted to confirm when you noticed this happening and if the files are being uploaded on the correct Base Folder? https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/2987441-your-insync-base-folder