Syncing stops working

Insync still stalls randomly. I notice the problem when the ‘syncing icon’ (the blue one) keeps there for a long time.
I usually quit the application and then restart it.

Ubuntu 20.04, Insync 3.1.9.40821

Hi @jander,

Please update to 3.2.6 and let me know if this issue persists. Let me know as well if it’s a “Syncing…” or “Scanning…” shown at the bottom of the app.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I just installed Insync 3.2.7.40868 on a fresh install of Kubuntu 20.04 LTS.
I started a sync of my 950 Gb Google Drive and it was going well (for about 10 hours), when, in a moment of madness I clicked the Pause icon in Insync (while quick Kubuntu updates happened).
Unfortunately, unpausing Insync did not recommence the sync’ing operations (even after a wait of about an hour).
To get it to start again, I quit Insync, restarted it, selected Unsync (on a small folder), and then Sync again on that same folder. After about 10 minutes, the sync’ing operation started again.
I don’t have any real answer, but hopefully the described behaviour may help someone?

I have the same problem here, using Ubuntu 20.04 and Insync 3.3.0.40894.

Sometimes, in the tray icon, Insync appears to be all synced (green), but not: some files are not downloaded/uploaded.

When it happens, I need to click on “Pause Syncing/Resume Syncing” or “Close/Open” the application to do a complete syncing.

New customer and facing the same problem. Installed it on Pop!_OS 20.10. After a while, the icon turned blue and now it says “syncing” since hours. There was this green hook and everything was synced. I restarted insync and PC several times. But I always end up starring at the blue icon and the “syncing” status. Its impossible to work this way. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hi @cfgnunes and @Stardenver1979,

Could you send your logs.db and out.txt found on ~/.config/Insync and email it to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

And again… sync stopped for one of two connected accounts (Fedora 32, insync all version up to 3.3.1). Used to work for a while but I cannot find a workaround other than completely disconnect all account, remove insync, all log folders, backup the base folder of the corrupt account. Then reinstall, reconnect and do a full resync. Then, sync on local new file works again. For a while. Few days only. Then the same one of two account stops.

Support had been contacted, logs sent, no solution other than above.

Do you have any clue, ideas?

• both accounts base folder still the name of 1.5.7 (…/userhome/name@gmail.com) incl. @ sign
  • folders contain also mac hidden files

Thanks a lot in advance…

Hi @pkoerner81929! I have replied to another thread regarding this: Insync 3.2.6 keeps scanning and not synching

May I clarify as well if it’s a cloud-to-local or local-to-cloud sync that seems to be the issue? Or is the issue happening both ways?

It appears to be both local-cloud and cloud-to-local sync issue. Just tested.

1 Like

I have had the same issue now for months. The only workaround is to manually move the files I need from system to system, this is not sustainable. There is only around 600gb it is syncing and more than 80% were already in the OneDrive folder but it won’t send the latest new files through OneDrive. Also, pausing sync and re-starting doesn’t help. It appears to re-sync all files even though most are already where they should be within InSync/OneDrive.

Hi @kdl0013! May I clarify if the sync issues is from cloud-to-local (download), local-to-cloud (upload), or both?

If and when you can, please do send your logs.db and out.txt to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. Please also include an example of a new file/folder that has not synced correctly, and which direction it should have synced (download or upload).

Thank you very much!

It is three years later and I, a new user, am troubleshooting the same issues, but with headless.

Is this a local configuration issue or is the software simply not as advertised? I.E. did I just waste $30?

Hello @BlueRidge!

I apologize for the troubles you have been experiencing, I can see how frustrating it has been for you to experience this as a new user, especially after investing in a paid product.

Our engineers are on top of the investigation (for both the GUI and headless reports) and we will be updating all of the affected users accordingly. Thank you for your patience!