Your authentication token has expired. Please try logging in again [under investigation]

Hello everyone! We’d like to ask the affected Desktop users to please follow these steps as a temporary workaround while we continue to work on the fix:

1. Remove the affected account. To know how to remove your account, visit this Help Article.
  2. Under Google Account on the web > Apps with access to your account, click on Insync and select remove access

1. Add the same account again via alternative login, BUT with a modified Step 1 URL. This is done by appending &access_type=offline to the URL, like so:

https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?response_type=code&client_id=468017360789-e4camv9a5n4e90tk4vrpk49qonmcm95s.apps.googleusercontent.com&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fconnect.insynchq.com%2Fauth-login&scope=openid+email+profile+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googleapis.com%2Fauth%2Fdrive+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googleapis.com%2Fauth%2Fdrive.appdata&access_type=offline

1. Follow the rest of the steps when adding an account via alternative login.

@mia, thanks for the workaround, however I’m not willing to remove access from Google as Insync is running on 2 other computer and I’m afraid If I remove access I will not be able to login using those computers as well.
Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Same problems here. Everything works for a while, then start getting messages like this:

insync-headless error list;

1 - Your authentication token has expired. Please try logging in again.
Choose an error to resolve (1 - 1, 0 to quit): 1
1 - Login
Choose an option (1 - 1, 0 to cancel): 1

My environment:

• Debian 10 (64-bit)
  • Insync Headless for Linux (3.2.7.10758)

Hi @Mecha_Weasel,

I appreciate that you tried the workaround. Could you send me your latest set of logs.db and out.txt files please? You may email them to support@insynchq.com :slight_smile: Thank you!

Hello, @abadr. Is it only that one computer that has the issue and not the others?

yes did that.(i.e. sent the logs to support)

1 Like

Yes @mia , I have 2 computers with old Insync installs that are running fine. I’m worried that if de-authenticate those computer I’d have the same problem with them as well. It’s the 3rd “new” computer that I’m having problems with. All computers are running openSUSE Tumbleweed and are updated daily. They also all run the same Insync version 3.8.4.50481.

@abadr I see! Thank you for sharing this important detail. Allow me to inquire with our engineers regarding this first. Could you email support@insynchq.com the log files from each computer? Please include the following:

• logs.db
  • out.txt

If they’re too big as an email attachment, you may upload them to the cloud and send me a shared link to download.

@mia mail with logs sent.

Thanks,

1 Like

Thank you @abadr! I have received them :slight_smile:

Hi @abadr,

Could you try 3.8.5 for that “new” computer and let me know if the authentication issue persists? The build can be tested from here: New Insync version: 3.8.5

@mia I’m afraid this new version didn’t solve the problem.

@mia I just wanted to add to the conversation that this issue appears to occur when trying to sync with a Microsoft OneDrive account as well. I have a fresh install (after a hard drive failure). I am syncing with a OneDrive account but am receiving the same error message and syncing does not occur.

@jfleck Hi Jeremy, could you send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? I will check and see what the OneDrive equivalent is for the solution above.

Thank you!

The same issue here.

1 Like

@mia, Eureka, it works … for now. I will confirm if this works long term since previously it worked for an hour or two with the alternative login and disconnects again. But now it works with the standard login link which it didn’t do before.

I found the culprit at least in my case: Frustrated with this issue I tried to setup Rclone to do the syncing job but I got the same “Something went wrong” authentication error while authenticating Rclone to Drive. Realizing that the problem is not unique to Insync, I tried the Insync authentication link using a fresh install of the Brave browser and it worked like a charm first time.

I was using Firefox with “Standard Tracking Protection” enabled and a bunch of privacy extensions. Apparently one of those extensions screwed things up. Or maybe the Drive authentication system only plays nice with the chrome engine. I didn’t do any granular testing to find out the culprit.

Hope this helps other users.

2 Likes

My environments (where it definitely is still not working):

Server:

• Debian 10
  • Insync Server/“headless” v3.2.7.10758

Client:

• Windows 11 Pro (with latest updates).
  • Google Chrome (latest version)
  • Google account with “Google One” storage upgrade.

Hi @Ehsan_Akrami, what’s your Insync version please?

Hi Mia,
I am using headless version 3.2.7.10758

1 Like

Gotcha. May I confirm if you’ve already tried the proposed workaround?

1. Remove the affected account
  2. Under Google Account > Apps with access to your account, click on Insync and select remove access.
  3. Do the headless login flow afterwards–

When you get redirected after step 1 in the headless add account flow, you need to copy and modify the URL. Here are the steps in detail:

1. After browsing to http://connect.insynchq.com/auth?cloud=gd, you get redirected to this page. Copy the URL in the address bar:
  2. Modify the URL by adding the following at the end: &access_type=offline
  3. Copy that modified URL. Then, open a new tab/browser and paste + browse to the modified URL, and login using the selected account. Proceed with the normal headless add account flow.