Debian insync crash

Insync version 1.3.6.36076

juan@debjarp:~$ insync get_account_information
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main__insync.py”, line 115, in ipc_insync
File “socket.py”, line 224, in meth
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I saw the same thing. It’s because the Insync daemon never started so there is no daemon to talk to when the get_account_information is sent. The Insync daemon crashes on startup for what appears a Qt library version issue. The prior version was fine, the new one has this major bug.

They need to make the old version available until such time that they fix this bug.

Installing the previous version

Thank you
Juan Rendón

insync-headless does operate as expected which does not invoke the Qt based graphic interface “heads”. You would have to use the CLI to manage it.

Tagging our engineer @lpugoy and he will get back to you :smile:

Hi,

As Juan already mentioned, this 1.3.6 for Debian seems to have a big problem.

And as Philip wrote, the problem seems to be a Qt Lib problem.
If I can read correctly, it’s probably because we made a “sudo apt-get upgrade” recently, and that updated our Qt4 Libs to 4.8.6 when insync expects a 4.8.4…

I installed 1.3.5 from here :

Works like a charm… even though I still have the python socket error output upon install.

Regards.

Same problem here.
How long do you estimate to fix this dependency-hell bug?
I know that i can apt-get --reninstall install insync=1.3.5 but i will then forget to reinstall it again to the new version, when the bug is fixed :slight_smile:
I let it broken untill i really need it…

@Juan_Rendon @Philip_Crichton @Jan_Honig: Apologies for the trouble. There was an issue with the Debian builds for 1.3.6. Version 1.3.7 for Debian has been uploaded. The download links in New Insync version: 1.3.6 has been updated. The update has also been pushed to the Debian repos.

Thx, works flawless now :slight_smile: (on debian sid)

Thanks, the 1.3.7 version seems to be running properly. Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

Installed 1.3.7 ok

Regards.