Insync 1.4.5.37069 does not automatically sync

I have updated to the latest version and got frustrated that it does not automatically sync.

Steps:

1. Installed Insync 1.4.5.37069 on PC 1
  2. Installed Insync 1.4.5.37069 on PC 2
  3. Specified a directory to sync and chosen selective sync
  4. Made sure both PC files are in sync. (so far so good)
  5. Deleted or added a new file on PC 1
  6. Went to Google Drive to verify (all good)
  7. Went to PC 2 nothing happened. No updates shown in the Progress or Feeds window.
  8. Waited a couple of minutes. Still no update on PC 2.
  9. Clicked Pause syncing on PC 2 and then Resume syncing. It went on to sync.

Why is it that I have to manually Pause/Resume before it sync again? I have tried this both on Windows 7 and Windows 10 (same issue).

Hi @harold,

Version 1.4 syncs on-demand, meaning the initial sync will happen upon the user’s prompt. This will allow you to have more control over your files especially if you have a lot to upload. If you want to sync all the files in your Drive, right-click the black empty space and select “Sync all items”. Once you’ve done that and wish to auto-sync all new files, go to Folder Settings and enable “Sync new children of partial folders”.

Shoot us a message at support@insynchq.com if you need further assistance! :slight_smile:

I think I have a similar issue. When I upload a file to my InSync folder on one computer, then log onto another computer I always have to right-click and “sync all” again. It will not automatically sync. Why is this?

Hi @Chase_DiMarco, my apologies for not replying sooner.

Is “sync new children of partial folder” enabled? If it is and files do not get sync’d automatically, then please send to us the compressed copy of the “dbs” folder from your machine The “dbs” folder is located at “C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Insync” (i.e. the same location as that of logs.db file’s).

Create a copy of the “dbs” folder, compress it and then send it to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. (upload it to Google Drive and send the share link if it is too big to email) Please also tell us what files are not getting synced automatically. Thank you!

I have this same problem on Mac. When I change a file, even just a name change the file does not sync unless I pause the app and then unpause. This is impossible to work with.2 way sync new children etc on. The problem specifically is that when I change or update a file in finder, the file does not sync to google drive. When I change the file on google drive, the file does sync in Finder. 2 way sync is on.

Hello! This is a known issue detected on a previous version. Could you update to 3.7.5 (which contains the fix) and let me know if this persists?