InSync Registers Wrong Order of Actions = FILES DELETED

I just moved a folder to a directory, only to have it suddenly be removed / deleted. I checked the log in the insync program and it shows my actions in the wrong order.

What I did:

1. Moved the folder “gamma” from:

"/alpha/beta/gamma"

to

"/alpha/gamma"

2. Removed the folder “beta” from:

"/alpha/beta"

What InSync shows me as having done:

1. Removing folder “beta” from

"/alpha/beta"

and then moving:

"/alpha/beta/gamma"

to

"/alpha/gamma"

Not only is this order impossible to perform but insync registers it in the program (I can see this order if I open up the GUI) and then proceeds to delete the folder “gamma” instead of completing the action. I could see the folder “gamma” briefly in “/alpha/gamma” but then it just disappeared right after I deleted “/alpha/beta”.

Now my files are gone and I have no way of retrieving them. I tried restoring the folder “beta” through google drive, but it only brings back the folder and the files from inside of it that I’ve actually deleted recently, not the files that were there prior to this incident.

I forgot to mention, I am using Ubuntu Linux 15.04

Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com. Please include the link of this post.

Thank you.

I got a reply from customer support that directed me to this page which solved my immediate problem, namely getting the files back: How to retrieve lost or deleted files

The files were in the hidden “.insync-trash” folder in my insync directory.

I hope you fix the bug that caused it, and I’ve replied to the support email with the attached files you asked for.

I just had the same issue except I have the files locally and it deleted them from drive. I spent an entire month uploading these files and they are gone. Nothing the trash. Can they be recovered any way? I am absolutely floored right now. An entire month of work and waiting gone.

@gswahhab: Apologies for the trouble. Did you mean they are not in the Trash when you go to drive.google.com? Also please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation: How to find the log files.

@ipugoy thats correct. They are not in the google drive trash. Info and logs sent to support earlier today.

Thanks,
Gabe