[LINUX] Use Insync in mounted NTFS drive

Hello,

I am using Insync 1.2.11 on Linux Mint and so far everything went great!
I use my primary partition (ext4) and everything works and GDrive is synced.
Now, I am trying to use a folder on my second partition (NTFS) to store my Google Drive files.

When I try to change the folder location, it doesn’t seem to work. I get an error for a second saying:
global name ‘os’ is not defined

I am wondering if there is something wrong with my configuration (permissions, …), or if it’s bug of Insync.
Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Oh btw,
My /etc/fstab entry of the second partition looks like this:
UUID=######## /media/Docs ntfs relatime,rw,user,auto,exec,x-gvfs-show,umask=000 0 0

@mde Thanks for the report. Could you try using the insync move_folder command in the terminal? You can run insync move_command -h for details on the command

For the mount options, what works for me is rw,auto,user,fmask=0111,dmask=0000,uid=<uid value>,gid=<gid value>. Basically Insync should be able to change the access/modified times of the files inside the NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply.

When I try to move the folder in terminal no error comes up, but nothing happens and the folder stays at the original location.

@mde I see. Could you run insync start --no-daemon on a separate terminal and repeat the process, then check if there’s an error in Insync’s terminal?

After running insync start --no-daemon, nothing has changed.

I performed the move_folder command one time to a non existing folder, then nothing happens, just

moving... /home/<user>/<email>

when I make sure the destination folder exist, that folder just gets removed. Otherwise nothing happens

@mde Could you try 1.2.12 available here: New Insync version: 1.2.12?

Using version 1.2.17, i can start moving the files, i see everything copying the right way. When the move finishes, insync seems te delete all the files again and lets me reapply the settings. When reapplying, the moving starts again and at the end, everything gets deleted.

@mde Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation: How to find the log files. You can compress them before sending to save space.