New Insync version: 1.3.6

insync-headless functions as expected which does not invoke the Qt based graphic interface “heads”.

@inforr @Guido_Ricciuti Sorry for the issues regarding rate limits. We’re not sure why it’s happening because according to our console, our quota for Google Drive usage is still more than enough. But the errors should be gone soon. Let us know if it persists.

@Philip_Crichton @davidjag: Apologies for the trouble. There was an issue with the Debian builds for 1.3.6. Version 1.3.7 for Debian has been uploaded. The download links in New Insync version: 1.3.6 has been updated. The update has also been pushed to the Debian repos.

@wardrobe: How did you install Pantheon in Ubuntu 14.04? I was unable to set it up in my test, or at least it’s not straightforward.

I’m actually just running elementary OS :slight_smile:

The 1.3.7 version seems to be working properly. Your rapid response is much appreciated.

Still having issues with syncing. Set up a new laptop last week and installed insync. Had a wonky internet connection + lots of reboots and now it looks like not everything was synced. Had indeed to click separate folders to start them syncing the content. New content added would appear. running version 1.3.6.

Please fix this or add a ‘resync’ option. And a self-diagnostic function that check if everything is up to date now and then. Love the product so hope this get fixed asap.

@Marcel_de_Kleine: Do the missing files/folders have multiple parents on Google Drive? Please send to us the compressed copy of the dbs folder (present beside the logs.db file) at support@insynchq.com and tell us a few examples of the missing files/folders so that we could look into the issue experienced by you.

Thanks

Also, could you tell us if you started with an empty local folder or the folder had existing Google Drive files present? When you said you had to “click separate folders to start them syncing the content”, did you mean that these folders were not green checkmarked under the Selective Sync settings?

1.3.6.36076 fails with “Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40807) with this library (version 0x40802)”

@patterner: Please install 1.3.7 instead, 1.3.6 for Debian had a build issue. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I had to completely reinstall the laptop where this occurred and when installing it again it didn’t happen again…

From what I remember is that I initially had everything selected. But right after installing I opened up the ‘Manage’ tap and de-selected one folder (a backup folder that I didn’t need to have locally). It already had some stuff in the queue so perhaps it then stopped adding folder to the queue(?).

I started fresh (new laptop). The check-boxes on the selective sync were green (I think, i’m a bit colour blind) and I had to click and open the folder to get it to sync. It did that only for that specific folder and not any child folders.

Newly added files were added correctly, I was just missing the already existing ones.

@wardrobe: Apologies for not replying sooner. I was unable to reproduce your issue, hi dpi support for Insync was still present in 1.3.6 in my case. Could you take a screenshot in your case?

Hey, i have a problem, i use gnome 3.20 on my arch, got the same error and updates to 1.3.7 for debian, now is get this errors:
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig error: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 72: non-double matrix element
Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf”, line 80: saw unknown, expected number
./insync: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightFromOpenType
can anybody help please? :slight_smile:

@hobbypunk: Apologies for the trouble. Please check this out: Insync fails to start with Gnome 3.20

I am running Arch Linux. after this update every time InSync starts up it opens a webpage to add a new user. It does log in to my account and it is syncing. I cannot find a setting to stop this behaviour, but it is very annoying. Am I missing something or is this a bug? Thank you

@rrhaskin: Does it happen when Insync starts on login? Does it still happen if you restart Insync manually?

Ok i just tested and yes it happens when I first start my computer, and it happens if I manually restart Insync.
Am I the only one having this problem?

@rrhaskin: I see. It’s the first time I encountered this issue. Please send your logs to support@insynchq.com for investigation: How to find the log files.

Well, after much frustration with OSX version of Google Drive app, I installed the latest version of InSync around 3 days ago on a trial basis.

The end result of that is that after 3 solid days of scanning, ending in my having to reboot the computer after all the RAM was eaten up, I have “358317 Items Remaining” in my queue, and nothing at all is happening.

If you expect me to pay for this product, it’s going to have to provide an improvement in functionality over Google Drive, rather than duplicate all the failures of the original.