New Insync version: 3.1.4

Release notes:

• Handle cases where Insync doesn’t have permissions to read/modify items in the filesystem"
  • Display Open Location hover menu item only if the item has finished syncing
  • Clear associated attention required and conflicts items when unsyncing or deleting files
  • Fix deletion of custom sync folder resulting in syncing error
  • Windows: Improve updating of taskbar icon’s status overlay
  • Windows: Fix issues and clean-up unnecessary files when an ongoing adding of a new account is cancelled
  • Change default initial page to CloudBrowser

Windows 7 and later
macOS 10.10 (Yosemite and later)

Ubuntu (16.04 Xenial) & (18.04 Bionic)
Linux Mint (18.x) & (19.x)
Debian (8 Jessie) , (9 Stretch) & (10 Buster)
Fedora (27) , (28) , (29) & (30)

2 Likes

As usual, again new release without functional THUNAR plugin. Why you totally ignore officially supported file manager???

Hi,
I would like a real dolphin integration in Kde . No a “open with” shorcut,

Thanks

Yes, some file managers integration with Insync3 still remains non-functional or fully ignored. Why???

I’m still waiting for them to fix the stalled sync issue. I paid for a license, but I don’t even have it installing anymore since it is not actually functional. I wish this team would put a halt to all new features and just address bug fixes for a release or two.

1 Like

Still on 1.5.7 myself.

Move to 3.x and Python 3 seems to have been an unqualified disaster.

Might need to wait for 4… :wink:

2 Likes

Same here, I am still 1.5.7 after having a disaster when I tried to go to 3.x last year.

I cannot afford losing days to fix back an upgrade. So 3.x upgrade is still not functional?

1 Like

Tried a couple of releases last year, maybe early this year, but came to the same conclusion as you: can’t afford wasting any more time with half baked “fixes”.

Can’t remember any more what were all the problems I faced, but it definitely didn’t work as it should.

Problem now is I lost confidence in any new version. How do I judge they’re good enough when I’m scared to try lest I spend another two days or so cleaning up the mess?

2 Likes

This update did actually the opposite to me - now I always see the “updating” overlay (the two arrows in blue circle). Or the exclamation mark overlay when an error occurs. But I don’t see the green checkmark, even though Insync is doing nothing (no disk, CPU or network activity, no activity reported by the GUI).

Windows 10: (1909)
Setting a base folder is a DISASTER!!! Please remove this mandatory “Google Drive” folder and let me set a base folder in one go. and configuration in a .ini text file, so its easier to check and/or change …

insync log file: (not related to this issue)

C:\Users\Verwijs\AppData\Roaming\Insync\App\ideskui\appui.py:495: RuntimeWarning: coroutine ‘APIFunction.call’ was never awaited
RuntimeWarning: Enable tracemalloc to get the object allocation traceback
C:\Users\Verwijs\AppData\Roaming\Insync\App\ideskui\appui.py:498: RuntimeWarning: coroutine ‘APIFunction.call’ was never awaited
RuntimeWarning: Enable tracemalloc to get the object allocation traceback

Still having a big memory leak issue on macos,
as already reported here https://forums.insynchq.com/t/out-of-memory-memory-leakage/15475/6

Ohhh dear, this looks not good at all. Seems still now the 3.x versions just do not work. I feel pity for the developers, seems they cannot recover a health 3.x version after having such a nice product with 1.x

What worries is that I have not found any good communication, reading the forum and the web-page it feels that for Insync nothing has happened and all works well, releasing versions after versions that just do not work… This will destroy the trust and reputation indeed. Very strange…

Wonder if we will stuck with 1.x until it’s too old to use it…