New simplified pricing!

We’re glad to announce that we have moved to one-time pricing called Prime: https://www.insynchq.com/pricing

We decided to simplify to one plan and still accommodate both individuals and businesses. With Prime, we are introducing 2 features:

1. free version upgrades
  2. a new volume discount, which starts at the second purchase

We have also added multi-currency support: USD, AUD, BRL, CAD, GBP, JPY and EUR.

For those on Plus, you can upgrade to Prime at 30% off. Just enter your prior email on the buy page and it will automatically apply the discount. Pro and Business users don’t require any upgrades since your plan covers free version upgrades.

Prime also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you think Insync is not working out, just send us an email and we’ll handle it. No explanations needed but feedback on what we could’ve done better would be appreciated.

Feel free to leave questions or hit us up at support@insynchq.com :blush:

2 Likes

If you choose to pay with paypal the discount for plus users doesn’t seem to work. When you get redirected to paypal the total remains 29.99.

3 Likes

Hi.
Another thing.
The footer ads are ambigous in this link ww.insynchq.com/buy/prime
You say “Free upgrades forever”, but below "Free upgrades for 1.x versions"
So If I read the first line, I’ve “Free Upgrades Forever” no matters the software version.

Regards.

1 Like

I agree with both previous remarks.

• I went to the page, entered my email and the discount appeared correctly. I chose to pay with Paypal, and the sum was not updated to 20.99 €, Paypal was asking for 29.99 €.
  • What exactly do we expect from free upgrades forever? Only 1.x versions?

Regards

Is it possible to convert Pro accounts to Prime? I’d like the one-time price.

1 Like

I’m confused about what this means for those of us who already paid $25 for our accounts. Does this mean that we’ll no longer get updates and have to pay again for Prime to continue receiving updates? I got an email offering free Prime for gmail accounts, but this offer specifically excludes Google Apps accounts, which is what I use.

If this is the case, I’m really disappointed. I shelled out for this with the expectation that I’d receive updates to fix existing issues with InSync, like slow scanning/syncing and duplicating files.

It will probably be changed to “Only 2.x versions” in half a year or so. :wink:

1 Like

In addition to the ambiguity of what this actually provides above what we have already (am a Pro user) I do not event get the discount when I insert my email address on the Prime Purchase link (I am aware of the PayPal issue in that regard, so I confined myself to the direct credit card method)

What about those of us on a Pro account, shelling out $15/year or more, and not able to upgrade to Prime for a one-time $30 payment (read for “free” right now, or at least 30% off)?

1 Like

This is really disappointing on a number of levels.

I only bought plus on 30th Nov so essentially have to pay again if I want updates past 1.0 and I would imagine that 2.0 will appear sooner or later to get people to upgrade - if that is actually what is offered as others have pointed out.

The discount doesn’t work for me at all - even on the pay by card option.

The pricing seems a bit off $29.99 does not equal £29.99 it equals about £25 (just under actually) & ¥ 3200 is around £22 currently & those take into account the poor performance of GBP recently! So even if I could take advantage of the offer I would be paying the same as I paid just under a month ago.

Its nice that you have free offers for gmail users, but I use google apps (GSuite). Not for commercial reasons but because it better suits my needs a consumer so that is no use to me.

At New simplified pricing! it says “free version upgrades”.
At https://www.insynchq.com/pricing is says “Free upgrades for all versions”.
At https://www.insynchq.com/buy/prime is says “Free upgrades forever” and “Free upgrades for 1.x versions”.

What is correct? “Free upgrades for all versions forever” or is it only “Free upgrades for 1.x versions”?

I am 1 of Insync’s first 100 customers and had Insync Pro, Insync Pro was in 2013 transitioned to Insync Plus because re-packaging of Insync Pro. In a mail from Insync about this transition it says Insync Plus includes free updates for Insync 1.x.

If I already have Insync Plus and Plus includes free updates for Insync 1.x, why should I upgrade to Insync Prime if Prime also only includes free updates for Insync 1.x?

I have insync Plus, why would I need to pay you guys again? are you moving to a new version that Plus users won’t have access to?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused our customers. Rest assured we are resolving this and will be sending out an update soon.

Wow, the first 100! Thanks again for that confidence :slight_smile:

1. Free upgrades forever is the correct one. That’s a copy boo boo :slight_smile:
  2. Prime will include free updates to all major versions (2.x, etc.). So if you wanted to opt in early (or wait), you can do it with Prime.

We will send another email update soon.

I have about six Insync plus accounts, all running on the same client. That’s over $150 to go Prime even with volume discount. What do I get for that over what I have now?

If I upgrade just one account, when I get an Insync update will my other accounts cease to work on the new client?

Update: free Prime promo and upgrade paths - https://forums.insynchq.com/t/update-free-prime-promo-and-upgrade-paths/7789

Thanks for the pointer, they seem to be doing the decent thing.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you’'ve paid one-off fees (in my case for Plus) and then suddenly a new extra-premium tier is introduced so you have to pay again. I moved from SugarSync to Insync precisely because SugarSync suddenly became much more expensive.

I will look forward to the new upgrade route.

What happens if Plus users don’t upgrade? Will InSync stop working?

1 Like

One simple question that deserves a simple answer.

I have a Plus account. Do I have to do anything?

3 Likes