Pointer to fix for DownloadGDBlob errors (inSync 3)

It appears a fix exists for this issue, however, it has not been implemented. I am using version 3.0.16.40306 on Linux Mint after deciding to upgrade. Until this is fixed can you provide a download link for an older version?

You mean to our 1.x version? We have it here: Insync 1.5.7 builds

1 Like

All:

I’m having the same issue on Ubuntu 19.04. Specifically, I receive the error “Unexpected error doing DownloadGDBlob: [filename]: Mismatched checksum,” as shown in the screenshot below. (I left out the filename.) I’m still on the free trial, so I’m seriously hoping that this can be resolved prior to the end of my trial period so that I can seriously consider purchasing a full license. If I can’t sync my files at all (which I can’t), then the software is not useful.

Screenshot%20from%202019-09-14%2011-04-39

Thanks.
Jesse

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on Ubuntu 18.04 and I’ve got version 3.0.16.40306.
It’s pretty annoying, and I hope that it will be fixed soon.

1 Like

I see that the problem only lies with my Google Photo’s folder.

Same error using 3.0.19 on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Having this issue on Windows with 3.0.20.40428
Insync%203%20Google%20Drive%20Error

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Building new machine and don’t want to go back to old versions

Thanks

I have the same problem on my machine with Linux Mint 19.3. Also, Insync seems to hang endlessly: syncing does not seem to work (I have files on the cloud that are not stored locally notwithstanding Insync has been running for days; my OneDrive local folder is still empty after 10 days). Perhaps the problems are related.

Same issues on Mac… Help!?

Wow! Over a month and this is still not fixed. What kind of a crap devteam is this? And Insync support seems to have gone on a silent retreat as well! What an absolute turd of a product!

Hello same problem here on Linux with version 3, license = Teams (in order to sync shared files),
please fix it or it is unsuable…
thanks

Hi everyone, the DownloadGDBlob errors are a bit scattered now, can you send in the screenshots of your errors to support@insynchq.com since the errors have specific messages after them.

Thank you.

This is shaking my faith in this product. Need to look elsewhere…

I’ve given Version 3.0.21.40435 a try. Likewise, still not syncing my files, causing massive problems. Interface locks up and starts flashing. Still not useable, brand new Windows 10 install…

Back to 1.5. Really need to fix this!!!

Any progress with that problem?

I’m also having constant errors since updating to 3 and very disappointed by the lack of support. I think I will go back to Ver 1

image !

I upgraded to 3.0.22.40446 and the errors went away for me.
-EWG

And now it’s back…

I also faced the issue regarding files with “malware”. I worked around it by ignoring such files (at least Insync does not get stuck trying to download such files…).

Hi all!

For those still experiencing this error, could you send your log files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? https://help.insynchq.com/en/articles/1834816-locating-the-log-files

Please include a screenshot of the DownloadGDBlob errors on your app as well.

Thank you!

@mia Do you mean logs.db? Mine is huge… 16,9MB !