Right Click Context Menu Not Displaying

Just installed insync for mac on Yosemite. Tried closing and restarting insync multiple times with no change. Would really like to have that context menu. Anyone else have this problem in Yosemite?

Hi @Collin_Tiegs I’m sorry for the trouble this is causing you. Let me tag our engineer @jimperio so he can help you with your concern, may I ask what version of Insync you are on? :smile:

@Collin_Tiegs Could you try relaunching Finder? To do so, you can Ctrl+Option+click the Finder icon in dock and select Relaunch.

I had the same issue with the context menu and additionally icon overlays not showing. Restarting the finder solved it.

Same problem hire. Lates’t version. After update there is just an icon, on right click it’s not full empty it have just:
Open app window (not working)
Pause sinc (not working)
Singin in (it’s gray)
Quit (not working)

I have try to reinstall app with aptitude it’s not working

My system: Linux Mint 17.2
Linux cho-it-02 3.16.0-38-generic #52~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 8 09:43:57 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My Account’s:

1. Premium gmail account (no limit)
  2. Normal 15G gmail account
  3. Biznes premium account (with domain)

Please help… tell what to analize… What data you whant ?

After manualy reinstall deb file i got such info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main__insync.py”, line 116, in ipc_insync
File “socket.py”, line 224, in meth
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Sessions still open, not unmounting
Sessions still open, not unmounting

@Patrycjusz_Rozanski I’ll notify @lpugoy, our Linux engineer and he will respond here. Alternatively, please send us your logs to support@insynchq.com and we’ll help you resolve your issue through that channel. Thank you!

@Patrycjusz_Rozanski Yes, please send your logs to support@insynchq.com instead so we can get more details about your issue. Thanks.

Hello please tell me where are full logs for this program, what excacly you need.

Just want to say that I think Insync is fantastic…what Google Drive’s native client should have been all along.

The right-click menu does not show up at all for me, from anywhere in my Finder. Relaunch hasn’t worked either.

I’m working from a Macbook Pro 13" Retina display (mid-2014), with version 1.3.2 of Insync installed.

Thanks!

The right-click menu disappeared for me as well. I noticed this around the time I upgraded to El Capitan. I tried relaunching Finder but that didn’t work. Is there been a solve for this yet? Thanks!

Same problem here. I’m on version 1.3.2 and El Capitan 10.11.1(beta). BTW, there was an easy way to find the insync version earlier by just right clicking on the Insync menu icon. Its hidden under “support” now. I restarted Finder a couple of times.

(BTW, I have the other classic El Capitan problem of missing widgets and Sharing options in Notification panel and apps. I’m not sure if this is related. Working with Apple on this.)

1 Like

I made some progress by following a DropBox support suggestion. Rebooted in recovery mode and disabled System Integrity Protection. (csrutil disable). Rebooted again and fixed DropBox permissions. After relaunching Finder, I could see DropBox and InSync context menus in Finder. Good thing is that my notification panel items also reappeared. I rebooted again in recovery mode and enabled SIP. Rebooted again in normal mode. I can see DropBox context menu in finder and my Notification panel items. However, InSync context menu items are missing again. So, it appears something to do with the new security model in El Capitan. (if this helps)

1 Like

Same situation here.

Mac OS to last version and Insync also updated

No right click context menu + no icon sync (check mark or updating spin in blue are gone)

Please fix it!

@jeffloven @Chris_King @Jaimon_Jose @luismgarcia Yes, it is related to the new System Integrity Protection feature in 10.11. The workaround, as described in this thread Context Menu on OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) is to disable SIP.

The next version of Insync will no longer need that workaround, and we are working on making it available at least for forums testing within the week. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Hi guys, El Capitan fix is here, please help us test :smile: