New Insync version: 1.2.7

Release notes:

• Improved messages and texts in Insync folder setup.
  • Progress info is now always visible when you open the app window.
  • (Mac) Fixed a crashing issue when handling PAC (Proxy Auto-Config).
  • (Mac) Holding command or control while clicking the Insync menubar item will display a context menu (same behavior as right-click).
  • (Mac) Pixelated images in Retina has been fixed.
  • (Mac) Fixed a rare use case of dealing with blank filenames.
  • (Linux) Fixed an issue when handling PAC (Proxy Auto-Config).

Windows
Mac
Ubuntu 13.10 and older: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.2.7.35123-precise_i386.deb"32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Ubuntu 14.04 and newer: 64 bit, <a href="http://s.insynchq.com/builds/insync_1.2.7.35123-trusty_i386.deb"32 bit
Debian: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 19 and older: 64 bit, 32 bit headless: 64 bit, 32 bit
Fedora 20 and newer: 64 bit, 32 bit
Portable: 64 bit, 32 bit

Google has deprecated the previous Google Documents List API as of April 20, 2015 and affects all Insync versions prior to 1.2.7, especially users that are still on 0.9.x or 0.10.x. The new Insync version completely utilizes the new Google Drive APIs (v2) and is required for a seamless transition.

Please help test.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I accidentally deleted the folder in Linux in the home folder that Insync had created. How do I restore it?

Been a fan of Insync ever since I came to know it’s existence :slight_smile: I spoke to Roald couple of times on issues and I started using repositories instead of downloading package file since the new UI rolled and I knew the awesome Insync team will frequently work and release version updates to add features and squashing the bugs. It’s only couple of months I switched to linux and learning to use it everyday.

Today I got the newsletter informing the release version 1.2.7 and Google API changes. And I checked my version which is 1.2.3! sudo apt-get update, package manager update… nothing! :frowning: I was under the impression that since the source list is added, I will get the updates automatically but I didn’t. Am I missing something or did you guys missed about the repositories? Anyway, anybody facing similar problem, I got the update once used sudo apt-get install insync
Now I’m going to check what’s new in this update. (Yep, I just clicked on the taskbar icon and looks like you guys have worked on it already, which was my only complain since 1.2.3)
Great works guys! :beer:

@SaidulHassan at the risk of barging into an open door, apt-get update only updates package-lists. You need to follow that by apt-get upgrade if you want the actual packages to get updated.

If you already have insync installed, that should be enough to update it to the latest version on the PPA’s you’re using. apt-get install insync does the same, but only for the insync package.

2 Likes

How do I know which version is running?

Nooooooooooooo! :frowning: I’m still on 1.0 because I dont want all the bloat that was added and bugs that comes with 1.2 and all the extra ui + selective sync. Now I’m being FORCED to update argh. DO NOT WANT :frowning: Now that lovely stable simple 1.0 will no longer work? Lots of issues seem to be reported for 1.2 + Linux. Very much NOT looking forward to this forced upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 because of an Google API change. I understand it, but I dont like it.

@Justin_Holy You could try the steps in this link. This is outside the scope of Insync though, sorry.

@SaidulHassan @yoniy0 is right, you need to run sudo apt-get upgrade after sudo apt-get update to get the latest updates.

@Nigel_Friggens Open the Insync app window from the tray icon and click on the heart icon, the version should be available there: https://mrkr.io/AfRwTVnXAj.

Does this version fix the .insync~trash not being generated when deleting files in linux. My customer is very wary since it deleted half her files.

So I received the email stating I needed to upgrade. I got the update maybe 2 days later (Manjaro). After the update my account is now unlinked and attempts to sign in yield “Initialization failed!”. The email stated that I wouldn’t have to resync/redownload but it appears my only option is to remove my account and re-add it. I have had to redownload everything numerous times in the past. I’m starting to regret purchasing this product. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@kraken17 We are still looking into that issue so the fix is not included yet, apologies.

@mjwhitta If you still have your old logs (https://forums.insynchq.com/t/how-to-find-the-log-files/19) please send them to support@insynchq.com for investigation. You can compress them before sending to save space.

I wanted to tell you that I am very satisfied with the current release. Probably the first time the config files didn’t break under Debian, too, so nice progress on that. The new JS window and design are intuitive and good looking.

Thank you for your hard work.

1 Like