New Insync Version: 3.9.0

Release notes:

• Linux: Improve app security
  • Linux: Improve security of logins with PKCE

Ubuntu: (16.04 Xenial), (18.04 Bionic), (20.04 Focal), (22.04 Jammy), (23.04 Lunar), (23.10 Mantic), (24.04 Noble)
Linux Mint: (18.x), (19.x), (20.x), (21.x)
Fedora: (27), (28), (29), (30), (36), (37), (38), (39)

Debian: Coming soon
Windows 7 and later: Coming soon
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra and later): Coming soon

2 Likes

Will you be updating the Ubuntu ppas?

Let me check with our engineer :slight_smile:

@Bill_Miller Hello! Our engineer has confirmed that we will be doing that soon :slight_smile:

Still nothing on Ubuntu ppas!!! Why???

Some Ubuntu users (like me) have experienced issues with it. I have “held” the existing version so it won’t get overwritten.

I have followed this up with our Linux Team. Thank you for your patience!

@michal.kvasnicka We are making sure that the version we will officially release does not contain any further issues. We haven’t released this version in the PPAs yet because of the reports we received on other Forums threads (as well as through email) regarding v3.9.0.60000 (example here).

Thank you for your patience. Rest assured that we will be releasing the latest version as soon as possible.

To add: we shared a test build (v3.9.0.60002) to some users who have sent us bug reports, and are currently collecting feedback if that fixes the issues they experienced on 3.9.0.60000. Once we get the feedback we need, then we will be making the version update official on our downloads page and repositories. :slight_smile:

Hi! We have an upcoming release happening soon. Our PPAs will be updated after that. Thank you all for your patience!

Your latest version of insync breaks in Ubuntu 22.04.

Please tell me what versions are available to make it work again.

I am a bit disappointed actually.

@Raymond_Ng Hello! Our Linux Team has been alerted of this urgent issue and they are in the process of investigating to release a fix.

In the meantime, please downgrade to 3.9.0 (the one posted here) or 3.8.7: New Insync version: 3.8.7

Thank you for your patience!

NixOS users have these from the “unstable” channel:

If anyone is interested in packaging plugins other than insync-nautilus, do give it a try, I will help you to merge your pull request!

I see 3.9.2 too, though. Any announcement and release notes expected?

Greetings,

I am running openSUSE Tumbleweed. I had to switch to version 3.9.1 from 3.9.2. 3.9.2 did not successfully start. I do not know what the regression is and I was not able to get the debug information on it either.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi @CubicleNate, could you try 3.9.2.60014-f40 instead of f39?

@hellwolf Hi! We officially released 3.9.2 on our downloads page as it was an urgent action to take given the amount of issues being reported, hence the lack of an (unofficial) forums release announcement. Will take this as feedback for future releases like this - thank you!

You can check the release notes for 3.9.2.60014 by going here:

Note that I’m on a Win11 machine, which has v3.8.7.50505 as the latest build at the moment. Thank you!

Unfortunately that didn’t work. I need to go back to 3.9.1 for now but I am willing to test it again and pull whatever debug bits you need tomorrow evening.

Hi @CubicleNate - sorry to hear that F40 didn’t work for you. I got another user’s input that F38 worked on their OpenSUSE Tumbleweed setup: Insync does not start after latest update (3.9.1.60010) on KDE Neon 6 [SOLVED via new version 3.9.2.60014]

Could you let me know if F38 works instead?