Progress stuck (XXX items queued) - syncing does not work

Insync says 111 items queued but nothing is happening. No files are being uploaded to the server; if any file is added on the server, it is not being downloaded.

In other words, Insync is not working at all.

insync get_sync_progress
111 files queued

Version 1.4.3. - Linux Debian 9

If I close the application, it starts but stays locked again after synchronizing some files.
It is not a problem with ISP.

Please try this and let us know if it works: New version - unable to SELECT what to synch

Dear, i update insync_1.4.3.37063-stretch_amd64.deb to insync_1.4.4.37065-stretch_amd64.deb.

Do not delete the account, only just update.
The files are in a folder that was previously synchronized.
There are new folders, and new files inside it.

If I close the application, it starts but stays locked again after synchronizing some files.

Dear, and followed the steps, but the exact same thing happens:
Remove the account, reinstall, re-setup, select what to synchronize.

Choose to install it in a clean installation on a new computer (laptop), and the same thing happens. It is not about the same folder.

What can I do to try to know what is due?

Regards

@eroz Did you setup on an empty folder?

Dear, in the clean installation configure a new empty folder, selecting that only synchronize that folder, try to upload 500 photos (approximate size of 1 megabyte per file), and the same thing happened. After synchronizing some files it got stuck.
The truth is that I gave up and abandoned, and just to finish synchronizing, I close and open the application.
The laptop with which I have been testing and returned, was a friend who asked me to reinstall the system.

On my laptop, after I completely synchronized (after closing and opening the application), so that it would finish synchronizing, if I update one or two files (which is how I normally use it), they synchronize without problems.
I have had no problems. If I start synchronizing folders with many files inside, that’s when the problem occurs.
It’s the only thing I can help them with in my use.
If you need another test, please tell me which ones.

I’ve been having the same problem. I went to the link you suggested, and It seems that checking the “Sync new children of partial folders” setting enabled under “Folder settings” got it going again…for now. I hope this fixes it. I’ve been struggling with this problem for days.

Edit: it worked for a few seconds, then stopped again.

Update #1 - 3/22/18: still stuck at 765 items queued/remaining. Restart gets it going long enough to sync a handful of files, but then it stops again. Linux Mint 18.3 Lenovo Z70/80 80FG.

Update #2 - 3/22/18: updated to 1.4.4.37065. Synced about 200 files and then stopped again at 562 waiting to sync.

Update #3 - 3/23/18: at first, all items finally synced. After moving more files into Google Drive, I’m stuck again with 220 files queued. 1.4.4 did NOT fix the problem. What can I provide to help get this problem fixed?

Hi!, I Have the same problem in Fedora 27. Eventually When i stop insync and start it again the Insync works for a while and then stucks again.

I’m having the exact same problem. Windows 10. It runs for X number of files and then just stops. Insync process still using 30-50% of my CPU but showing no progress on files. Updated just now to the latest 1.4.4

Same here. 1.4.4 on Windows 10. Exiting and restarting resumes sync…

Same in Debian Buster.

I easily reproduced the problem by creating a bunch of files in a temporary folder:

for i in {1..200}; do echo $i > a$i.txt; done

Insync upload 12 files, and then got stuck in “188 items remaining”.

Here too (1.4.4 on Windows 10), except that exiting and restarting does nothing. Stuck at “49 items queued”.

PLEASE FIX!!!

And BTW, I got 1,2 TB and there is no way I do a clean install in an empty folder, as suggested in other threads.

Downgrading to 1.3.24 resolved the sync issue for me for now.

here too;

even after clean install and new sync folder sync issue returns.

NO FIX???

STUCK , mo more acurrate file updates with this issue on multiple devices using 1.4.4

nightmare for my workfiles.

please fix!!!

1.4.x Does not work anymore for me either. Running MacOS 10.13.3, tried 1.4.4 and 1.4.3. Same issue, syncs 50 - 200 files, then just stops. Really frustrating when trying to sync 9k files and folders quitting and restarting the app, got it down to 5k over the last 4 days before I saw this post though. Thank you

When I downloaded and tried 1.3.24 it worked again. Seems the current solution is to downgrade to 1.3.24.

Thank you Alp_Ozenalp.

This is an issue for me though because we use Team Drives at work. It looks like we all really need this fixed.

I’m having the same issue but on Windows 10. Insync is unreliable! I can’t believe I have paid for this piece of software at some point. They should be paying us to use this software instead !

Same problem here since 1.4, all files are stuck in syncing. Just downgraded to 1.3.24 and InSync started to sync again. I’m on W10.

Same problem for me on 2 different computers. Am stuck with xxxx items queued (version 1.4.4.37065. Any one has a solution?

Hello all.

I suggest you downgrade to 1.3.24 for now. We are working on a solution that will come out as 1.4.5.

Thanks.