Support for the Google "Team Drives"

any words abouts the syn now release date?

1 Like

We are releasing a forums version in the coming weeks for early testers.

I like how it’s always “in the coming weeks” but of course - quality is important to ensure.
However I’d love more information about the price plan changes and how it Actually affects those who are on e.g Pro plan and not on Prime.

This is regarding a question I asked a few weeks ago

1 Like

Very disappointing conversation with google today: (Talking about syncing team drives) “As of today, we do not have yet any update when it will be released.” Full conversation here: https://pastebin.com/bNGLcBZ4

I’m not sure what that support engineer was talking about to be honest - Google Drive File Stream definitely does include the ability to work with your team drives: I think he must have been talking about Team Drives with the “normal” Google Drive Backup and Sync client.

Drive File Stream works by creating a virtual drive (G: by default in Windows) and under there are 2 folders: One for your Drive and one for Team Drives. You can right click on any drive / folder / file and make it available offline which then syncs it to your machine

We’ve been using it since the early access program and once you get used to it it is a far more flexible and powerful way to work with your drive / team drives.

Hopefully Insync will add support for team drives soon as it would be good to get the auto-conversion of documents, etc, but in the meantime I’m quite happy with Drive File Stream!

1 Like

I can confirm what Phil_A says.

We have been also used Google File Stream since Early Adopters program.

Hoping InSync to support File Stream soon.

1 Like

November is coming… it’s been 268 days (in this Forum) waiting for Insync’s Team Drives support…

+1 . We are really waiting for this new feature :wink:

1 Like

+1. Same here. We are also waiting for it.

1 Like

Hi!
Can I be an early tester?

1 Like

This is a huge deal and needs to be done! Can’t wait to hear and see if it is in the next roll out. We desperately need it for our business

1 Like

+1 for this :slight_smile: But also worried if I, as a Plus member, will get access to it? I’m very confused about the whole procing thing.

1 Like

Bump! I need this too

1 Like

Hello all! Insync 1.4 is now available in beta and has Team Drive syncing and more :slight_smile:

@terpua YOU ARE A LIFESAVER! My company acquired a firm today and we wanted their files migrated to Team Drives. We did this with no testing or seeing how to support the mass upload of files. 1.4 beta is doing the trick!

Thanks so much, your product paid for itself in less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

Still in beta only? Latest version GA is still 1.3xxx

Autoupdate will not happen for a few weeks. The latest version (not in beta) is already available here: New Insync version: 1.4.2

I see we have been lied to again. After paying for the product outright, we were told we had to pay annually. With that that came a commitment that that this was the FINAL pricing structure and that paying to upgrade would preclude increases based on SW version. Roughly one year later, a new feature based pricing plan and a new surcharge for team drives.

I don’t do business with people who do not conduct business honestly. I will be off insync by years end. It’s a shame, because your business managers have turned me away from a good SW product.

Philip

From 2016
https://forums.insynchq.com/t/new-simplified-pricing/7738

**HI THERE, **

**I’M INTERESTED IN BEING ABLE TO SYNC GOOGLE DRIVE FILESTREAM WITH GOOGLE TEAMDRIVE… **
**IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO COPY FILES OR FOLDERS ON FILESTREAM NOW… **
PLEASE HELP US BY MAKING THIS POSSIBLE!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH,
V

Heading

Any latest updates??